5.31.2010

The Recovery

After the surgery, I'll spend the night in ICU. I'll then spend a few days in the hospital. I've been told I'll be in pain, shocker. Surprisingly, though, once I'm sent home, it's not to go lay in bed. I'm supposed to try to be active (as in walking around and getting out of the house, not playing contact sports or bungee jumping). I was so relieved to hear this. I figured I was giving up my summer with my kids for my recovery, and that's not at all the case. I know I'll be anxious to do more than I can and it will be frustrating at times. I'm really not sure what to expect, but I'll let you know...

My nurse has mentioned it will be tricky with the kids, heavy lifting, driving, sleeping, etc. I guess I'll figure it out and learn as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment