5.31.2010

Why the blog?

My very wonderful, loving, patient boyfriend Mike came up with this blog idea; he knows me well. I love to write. I like writing much better than talking, he knows that too. I think he saw this as a way for me to journal about all I was going through, which would be really therapeutic, and then I could share what was going on with my friends and family at the same time. I love the idea. When everything happened with my mom's brain surgery, I felt really awkward sending all the mass emails. Mass emails can be so impersonal. Furthermore, I didn't know who to include. I also wanted to write EVERYTHING in those emails because I needed to talk to someone. It was the most difficult time of my life, and a mass email was NOT a helpful outlet.

So when I found out about my situation and sat down to compose my first email, you can imagine how thrilled I was. But then the other night when Mike handed me his laptop with this Blog, I realized this time would be different. I was relieved that I could share this experience in a different way, perhaps even with people going through the same thing, and I felt hopeful.

This blog is perfect because I feel much more comfortable writing anything and everything. Anyone can read it if they want. I don't have to worry about bothering people with a ton of emails, or not giving enough information to those who want more. I'll put everything (well almost everything, there are some things I'm just not putting on the Internet), but I'm putting everything I need to talk about on here, and anyone who wants to know whats going on can read it. So if you have a question, just ask!

Thank you Mike :)

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome, sweetheart. I am just glad that I can help. I love you very much.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete